Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Music To My Ears


I listen to a lot of music. A LOT of music. A lot a lot a lot. I do most of my music listening on the back of my bike. I do this for 2 reasons; 1 I’m left the hell alone so I can enjoy it and 2 because the road can get fucking boring with nothing but wind and traffic noise in your ears.

As such I have a few recommendations for you all.

Cradle Of Filth - Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa

This album absolutely rocks; it is Cradle back to the power and musicality of “Midian”. High speed extreme metal played by the best the world has to offer.

Favorite Tracks - Lilith Immaculate, Forgive Me Father (I Have Sinned), Beyond Eleventh Hour

Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death

Yea it’s a best of, who gives a shit, Dead Kennedys kick ass. Live tracks + re-mastered studio tracks = a big bucket of punk win! Lots of air guitar and rocking out.

Favorite Tracks – Pull My Strings, Holiday in Cambodia, California Uber Alles, Too Drunk To Fuck

Eagles of Death Metal - Death By Sexy

Canned Heat meets Queens Of The Stone Age. Sexy rock with a lot of thrust and grunt. Rock you can fuck to.

Favorite Tracks – Cherry Cola, I Want You So Hard, Eagles Goth, Bag O Miracles

Mars Volta - De-loused in the Comatorium

The first thought after listening to this album in one sitting is “Holy SHIT that was good.” Guitars with more effects than I can name, insanely good drumming, lyrics that tell a story like a series of oil paintings on Acid. On their own the tracks are good but play it from start to finish and the album is awesome.
 
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

UK Folk for a new generation. This is one of those rare albums you can pick any track from and it’s an instant favorite. Every song has an incredible peak and deep meaning and the instrumentation is perfect on every song.

Favorite Tracks – Tracks 1 – 12

There is a hell of a lot more that I listen to when I’m on the road but I usually gravitate to the above. However I have to mention or recommend the following:
  • ·         Any Queens Of The Stone Age Album. I mean ANY, from Queens Of The Stone Age to Era Vulgaris.
  • ·         The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy BBC Radio Series
  • ·         George Carlin – Last Words Audio Book
  • ·         Nile – Ithyphallic
  • ·         Captain Dan And The Scurvy Crew. Pirate Hip-Hop for the WIN.
A lot more falls under the “When I feel like it” category but I highly recommend the above and hope you can check out a few of the above.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment